Sophia Opatska is Founding Dean of Business School at the Ukrainian Catholic University, which she led for ten years since 2008. In those years, the business school became well known in Ukraine and received international accreditation. Every year more than 200 executives, managers, entrepreneurs study at 5 different Masters programs (including Executive MBA) and more than 3000 participants take Executive Education courses at UCU Business School.
Since 2016, Sophia has been a Vice Rector at the Ukrainian Catholic University. Currently, she is responsible for Strategic Development of the University.
Sophia has broad international experience in Europe, North America and Asia. Though last 6 months she had spend abroad not by her choice but because of russias invasion she had to take her 2 children away. They have spent time in Denmark, where she was hosted as a research fellow at Aarhus University. She is now back in Ukraine fighting battles on the educational front by her work every day.
In this episode, Sophia and I explore the questions and issues around the following:
- What is day-to-day life like under the invasion?
- How are the faculty and students dealing with the conflict?
- How are businesses reacting to the ongoing conflict?
- What is the role of businesses in society?
- What realities have become predominant in the thinking of managers and leaders under the invasion?
- What has helped you to become more resilient?
- What can we learn from Ukrainians and the businesses in the Ukraine?
- What have you learned about yourself during the invasion? What are some of your strategies to build resilience?
REFERENCES:Soaring to New Health: The Glass is Half Healthy
S1 E5: The Paradox Of Certainty: How to Adapt to Uncertainty & Ambiguity.
S1 E15: Advice on Fostering Resilience From a Former Bosnian Refugee. Interview with Amela
SDOH: why they are important and how they can play a role in more efficient care
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify Champion Your Culture with Ryan McCarty and George Rogers
A weekly live show exploring the power of culture and leadership in business.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts Spotify Coaching In Session
Are you struggling to achieve your personal goals or maximize your company's potential?
Listen on: Apple Podcasts SpotifySupport the show
Sign up for the weekly IT'S AN INSIDE JOB NEWSLETTER
- takes 5 seconds to fill out
- receive a fresh update every Wednesday